Need a Library Book or a Video?
We have a great selection of adult and young adult novels, biographies and non-fiction selections, and children's books. We also have a collection of DVD and VHS titles. If you know of an item that is housed at a different district library, we can probably borrow it for you! Just let us know.
Search our catalog directly using the Destiny tab above.
Laminating is done on Mondays and Wednesdays. Drop off items for lamination in the library workroom, located off of the main entrance. Post-it notes, paperclips, and pencils are available so you may label your items for later delivery. If we are short on help from aides, we will let you know when you may pick your items up. As a reminder:
1. We are unable to laminate items with a width greater than that of the laminating machine.
2. No popscicle sticks, glitter, paperclips, or thick items (such as cardboard).
3. No items smaller than 2 square inches - we are unable to feed them into the rollers.
4. No items for personal use; laminating services support classroom instruction.
Please schedule time with us for textbook checkout, and plan on accompanying your class.
Please remind your students to have their ID cards ready, and to present their card and and textbook. If they don't have their ID card handy, please have them check out after the students who do have cards - this will make the entire process more efficient.
When you bring students in to return their books, they do not need their ID cards.
Bringing in a Class?
Whether you are bringing 5 students or 35 students for a visit to the library, please do us the courtesy of calling first to see if we are able to accomodate your group. Dropping in is distruptive when other class activities are happening.
Students Always Need a Pass!
- Students visiting the OE Library must have a written pass from a classroom teacher.
- This includes visits for printing or finding a library book.
- Once the final bell rings, students need to exit the library and obtain a pass from their teacher if they want to continue working in the library.
- This year we are entering student visits electronically into a daily spreadsheet.
- If you have questions about student visit to the library, please call us.
A.R.T./Seminar Pass Explanation
A.R.T. - Students must have a written, teacher-provided pass (planner or piece of paper). We limit admitting students once the library is full.
Seminar - students need to obtain a pre-pass from us before Seminar begins. Pre-passes are available at 7:30 a.m. on the day of Seminar. There are a limited number of passes. After getting a pre-pass from us, students need to attend Seminar, and ask their Seminar teacher to sign the pass. They will then return to the library, with the signed pass, and fill out the time they arrived.
Seminar time is reserved for academic work only. Students who use this time to socialize or play computer games are asked to leave and are not invited back for two weeks. If you have questions about whether or not your students worked in the library during Seminar, please call us. We keep a record of A.R.T. and Seminar attendance.
We provide teachers with older issues of magazines for class projects.